We grow lots of things on our Artisan Farm in SE Kelowna, including fruits! We definitely love to eat the fruit fresh off the plant, but we also love to make it into jam! Follow our recipe below to make your own using your favourite local fruits.
- 7 cups Local Blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups BC Honey
- 1 box Pectin
1. In large pot, mash blackberries (thaw first, if frozen)
2. Add pectin and stir to combine
3. Reduce on stove over Medium-Low heat for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. Add honey. Increase heat to Medium-High-Bring to rolling boil, stirring frequently.
5. Boil for 10 mins. Reduce heat to low.
6. Jar and seal as per your usual methods.
If you don't want to make jam yourself, you can find five flavours of honey jam in our shop, all handmade here at Meaodw Vista.