The recipe from Chef Matt Batey pairs Charred Tomato Ratatouille Flatbread with a fresh lemon and arugula salad. Source a flatbread base of for those with a couple of extra minutes, making your own is quite simple.
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cup Onion, small dice
- 1 tsp Garlic, mince
- 1 cup Meadow Vista Honey Wines Rubus
- 1 cup Eggplant, medium dice with skin on
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves, fresh
- 1 cup Yellow Peppers, medium dice
- 1 cup Red Peppers, medium dice
- 1 cup Zucchini, medium dice
- 1 1/2 cup Rome Tomatoes, peeled & seeded, medium dice
- 1 tbsp Basil Leaves, fresh, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Arugula Leaves
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Meadow Vista Blueberry Honey
- 1 tbsp Meadow Vista Honey Wines Rubus
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 oz Machego Cheese
Set a large 12-inch sauté pan over medium heat and add the olive oil
Add the onions and garlic to the pan, cook until onions are lightly carameized
Deglaze the pan with Rubus, and reduce by half.
Add the eggplant and thyme to the pan, cook until the eggplant begins to go soft.
Add pepper and zucchini; stir to prevent sticking or burning.
Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, salt and pepper and cooke for a few more minutes. Let stand to allow flavours to meld.
Brush pre-baked flatbread shell with olive oil, then top with the Ratatouille
Place in the oven at 400ºF for 5 minutes to heat through. Remove and place on platter.
Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl. Dress the arugula leaves with Meadow Vista Rubus & Honey dressing, then top with freshly grated manchego.
Serve at once with the hot flatbread and your bottle of Rubus!
Chef tip: Make a triple batch of arugula salad dressing and store leftovers in your Meadow Vista Bliss bottle!