To feed four people, you will need:
- 4 medium local free range eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp corn meal
- ½ cup Meadow Vista Cloud Horse honey wine
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 leeks, white part, washed of sand and chopped
- 1 cup asparagus, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Subtle, fresh flavors of leek, asparagus and egg get a boost of flavor when deglazing your pan with Cloud Horse traditional honey wine.
Toss the soggy crust in this spring-inspired crustless quiche. We used ramekins for individual servings at Easter brunch on the Farm, but you can use any shallow baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350. Brush ramekins with butter and dust with corn meal .Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a cast iron frying pan, sauté onions and garlic until soft, add asparagus and red bell pepper. When they start to brown, deglaze the pan with Cloud Horse. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, paprika, salt and pepper; Add cheese and veggie mixture, stir to combine.
- Spoon the egg mixture evenly into each ramekin. Bake until egg is cooked through, and golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.