To sauce a dozen of your favourite shucked oysters, you will need
- 1/4 cup Meadow Vista Cloud Horse honey wine
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 1/2 tsp crushed mixed peppercorns
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
The season has begun in the Okanagan for festivals, and Osoyoos kicked it off with it's 3rd annual Oyster Fest. This year Meadow Vista was once again a part of the fun, taking home the coveted Best in Show award for oyster and mead pairing!
We think honey wine and oysters are a match made in heaven, too. Here's our take on a classic mignonette recipe that takes advantage of this perfect pairing.
1. Combine wine, vinegar, shallots, and peppercorns in a small bowl. Add salt to taste.
2. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
3. Add chives to sauce.
4. Lay oysters on a bed of ice. Spoon sauce onto each oyster shell and serve chilled.
We recommend enjoying with a glass of Cloud Horse