This is a must cook over charcoal recipe! In this recipe from Chef Matt Batey, the unique smoke really plays well into the creamy sweetness of the cheese and the integrated flavours of Ostara!
- 2 Freestone peaches, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup Meadow Vista Honey
- 5 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp Meadow Vista Ostara
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 60 grams Tiger Blue Cheese from Poplar Grove, or substitute
- 4 pieces Thinly Sliced Prosciutto
- 2 tbsp Sliced Almonds, toasted
- Fresh Basil Leaves from the Garden
Toss the peach quarters into the honey, oil, Ostara and rosemary. Let stand for 15 minutes for the flavours to marry.
Grill over hot charcoal fire-watch for flare ups from the peach glaze!
Remove from grill once charred, be careful not to overcook the peaches.
Serve with Tiger Blue, prosciutto, basil leaves, almonds and a glass of Ostara. Serves 2.