Coffee is a bit of an indulgence in our house, the caffeine rush can be pretty funny. So one Sunday morning while sipping on my favourite coffee and creating a new energy snack for the girls, I thought, let's add some fresh ground Kick Ass®! The added flavour of the coffee rocks, hope you love it as much as we do!
Warning: Eat outside where you can run, jump and play!
- 1 1/4 c old fashioned oats
- 1/2c nuts, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut, plus 1/2c to roll the balls in
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 2 tbsp fresh ground Kicking Horse Coffee® Kick Ass® Coffee
- 1 scoop whey protein powder
- 1/2 c Meadow Vista honey
- 1/2 c dried local fruit, chopped (we used plums)
- 1/2c peanut butter
Mix all the dry ingredients until combined, then stir in the dried fruit and wet ingredients until a consistent mix has formed.
Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Roll approximately 1 tablespoon of the mixture into balls with your hands, then into the extra shredded coconut.
Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks (if they last that long!)