A seasonal favorite! Use those beautiful early dandelion blooms and greens to add colour and nutrition to the classic corn fritter. With the addition of crisp, traditional Cloud Horse to the batter and as the pairing, you will love this at your next relaxing Sunday Brunch.
- 1 cup unflavored coconut oil for frying
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour (or flour substitute)
- ½ tsp Baltic or pink salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Meadow Vista Blueberry Honey plus extra for drizzling on the fritter
- 1 farm fresh egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ¾ cup Cloud Horse
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup fresh dandelion leaves, chopped
- ½ cup yellow dandelion petals (separated from the flower)
Heat oil in a large cast iron fry pan to 365F.
In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Beat together egg, milk, melted butter and honey; stir into the flour mixture. Mix in the corn and dandelion greens.
Drop fritter batter by the spoonful into the hot oil, patting down to make a patty, fry until golden. Drain on paper towels.
When ready to serve, sprinkle dandelion petals and drizzle honey all over the fritters. Eat them while they are hot but are also good stored in the fridge and eaten cold or rewarmed the next day.
Best served with a glass of Cloud Horse!